THE Association for nepal
and himalayan studies

Celebrating 50 Years of Scholarship and Networking



Please note that traveling to Canada requires advanced planning. If you do not already have status in Canada you will require either a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), unless you are a citizen of the United States.  You can determine whether you require an eTA or TRV here: Find out if you need a visa to travel to Canada -

When applying for a TRV or eTA, you should request admission to Canada as a visitor. You do not require a work permit.

Depending on your nationality, you may be required to give your biometrics (fingerprints and photo). You can find out more about biometrics regulations here: Facts about biometrics - 

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

If you need to apply for an eTA, the process costs CAD $7 and is generally very fast (a few minutes to several days). You can find information about applying for an eTA here: Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) -

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

If you need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa, the process costs CAD $100 and can take many months. Please confirm that you are eligible and submit your application as soon as possible as wait times have been very long in recent weeks. You can find information about applying for a visa here: Visitor visa -

You can check recent visa processing times here: Check processing times -

We are happy to provide an official invitation letter to support your application to travel to Canada to attend the conference. If you require a visitor visa to attend the conference, please email as soon as possible.

COVID 19-Related Entry Requirements

We will follow the pandemic situation closely and update the conference homepage and social media channels accordingly. Please check the requirements on the Government of Canada website regularly as you plan your travel: COVID-19: Travel, testing and borders -

Currently all foreign nationals are required to be “fully vaccinated”. You can find information for what qualifies as fully vaccinated here: Travel to Canada: Requirements for COVID-19 vaccinated travellers -


More information on conference hotels and accommodation will follow soon. 

Make a Gift


Contact ANHS

USA email:

Connect with ANHS

© 2022 Association for Nepal and Himalayan Studies (ANHS). All rights reserved.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software