The Kathmandu Research Center (KRC), established in 2013, is a registered non-governmental and not-for-profit organization in Nepal which aims to promote academic research on Nepal and the Himalayas.
The KRC is a member of the Council of American Overseas Research Centers, and serves as a base for American scholars undertaking research in Nepal and the Himalayan region. The KRC aims to:
– promote scholarly exchange, foreign language study, and collaborative research projects
– facilitate access to research resources
– provide a forum for contact and exchange
– offer a library of over 1,000 books. See our latest booklist here
– provide technical support and accommodation
– provide information to scholarly and general public through conferences, seminars, and exhibitions
KRC provides services to help members while researching and traveling in the Himalayan region.