ANHS has a community forum on Facebook! Separate from ANHS’s official Facebook Page, the forum is ANHS’s digital, interactive bulletin board specifically designed for discussion and resource sharing between members and individuals interested in the study of Nepal and the Himalayas. All you need is a Facebook account.
In our ANHS Facebook group you can easily share interests, upcoming events or call for papers/submissions, ask questions (or answer them), and express opinions with everyone who’s a member of the group. While the group is moderated by the ANHS board and volunteers, it is an open forum that anyone can participate in.
At ANHS, we are very proud of our community and strongly encourage people to build connections with one another. To guarantee the forum is warm and welcoming to all our members, we have some terms and conditions:
- This forum exists as an active resource for the ANHS community. Posts should focus on ANHS news and Nepal/Himalayan resources, opportunities, or research.
- We encourage healthy discourse and disagreement, but be considerate and maintain professionalism while posting to the forum. Here are some examples of conduct that is considered inappropriate by the forum community and could result in being removed from the Facebook group:
- Belittling or insulting another member
- Posting of obscene or pornographic material
- Posting of libelous, defamatory or illegal content
- Posting intentionally misleading or damaging information
- Promoting activities unrelated to the mission of ANHS
- Be mindful that, as an Open Facebook Group, any information posted to these forums is openly visible to any visitor to the forum.
- Opinions expressed on the online forum are those of the individual posters, not the ANHS organization, volunteers, funders, or Executive Committee as a whole.
- When posting a picture, make sure to have the permission of the person you photographed before posting. If someone posts a picture of you that you do not want on the forum, please use the “flag” function to alert the forum administrator.
- Please cite your sources if your contribution to the conversation includes the intellectual property (authored material) of others, e.g., photographs, pictures, books, newspaper, magazine, or journal articles, whether they be online or in print. Proper attribution must always be given.
- When linking to outside websites, please ensure that the content of the link is appropriate for our community, in line with the terms and conditions laid out here.
- Forum rules are enforced at the discretion of ANHS and the adminstrators of the forum. By using this forum, you agree to these terms and conditions (in addition to the terms and conditions set by Facebook).
- If you have found a post that you feel violates these terms and conditions, please use the flag function to notify administrators.
- ANHS reserves the right to delete posts that aren’t in line with our terms and conditions. ANHS also reserves the right to change these terms and conditions, access rights to these forums, or any other part of this forum at any time. However, we are not perfect. If you feel that we have made a mistake, please contact the forum administrator.
- Whenever you are participating in this community, keep in mind that we strive to create a fun, friendly, and inviting atmosphere. So, please have fun and enjoy the forum!