Members and Member Benefits
BENEFITS OF ANHS MEMBERSHIP
- Community.Join a network of interested and engaged scholars, teachers, activists, artists and institutions
- HIMALAYA journal. Read and contribute to an open access, twice annual cutting edge peer-reviewed social sciences and humanities journal featuring original research and creative works, conference and book reviews, news and information.
- ANHS-Kathmandu Services and Assistance. Receive assistance with identifying research assistants, navigating research approval and visa strategies, locating housing, participating in speakers series, accessing language training (forthcoming)
- Conferences. Participate in US–based Himalaya Studies Conferences; co-sponsor or contribute to and access resources for annual summer Kathmandu-based Conference; receive support for facilitating panels at Annual Conference on South Asia, Madison, AAA, AAAS, and other conferences.
- Fellowships and Awards. Apply for Senior Research Fellowships, the Dor Bahadur Bista prize for best graduate student paper, travel grants, and book awards (planned)
- ANHS Website. Keep appraised of members news, announcements, and regularly updated resources updated weekly.
ANHS Institutional MembersView More Members
Donation Appeal from ANHS President
Dear ANHS Members,
In this season of good will, I wish to thank you for everything you do to keep our vibrant association active and growing. In the past few years alone, together we’ve hosted three conferences, provided grants and fellowships to junior and senior scholars from the US, Europe, and Nepal, produced a high-quality, peer-reviewed journal, maintained our inviting website, and assisted with research needs in Nepal and the Himalayan region. New partners here and abroad have sought us out for various collaborative projects. For all this, we operate primarily on members’ annual dues and occasional small grants and donations, for which we are grateful. All who contribute to the association’s mission volunteer their time gladly.Continue Reading