The Kathmandu Research Center (KRC), established in 2013, is a registered non-governmental and not-for-profit organization in Nepal which aims to promote academic research on Nepal and the Himalaya.
The KRC is a member of the Council of American Overseas Research Centers, and serves as a base for American scholars undertaking research in Nepal and the Himalayan region. The KRC aims to achieve the same goals as all Overseas Research Centers, as outlined by CAORC:
- promote scholarly exchange, foreign language study, and collaborative research projects
- facilitate access to research resources
- provide a forum for contact and exchange
- offer library and technical support and accommodation
- disseminate information to the scholarly and general public through conferences, seminars, exhibitions, and publications
KRC is available to help members while researching and traveling in the Himalayan region.