The Kathmandu Research Center (KRC), established in 2013, is a registered non-governmental and not-for-profit organization in Nepal which aims to promote academic research on Nepal and the Himalaya.
The KRC is a member of the Council of American Overseas Research Centers, and serves as a base for American scholars undertaking research in Nepal and the Himalayan region. The KRC aims to:
- promote scholarly exchange, foreign language study, and collaborative research projects
- facilitate access to research resources
- provide a forum for contact and exchange
- offer a scholar’s library of over 1,000 books. See our latest booklist: KRC Lib. Booklist-5.16.018
- Provide technical support and accommodation
- Provide information to the scholarly and general public through conferences, seminars, exhibitions, and publications
KRC is available to help members while researching and traveling in the Himalayan region.
For more information, please visit the KRC website: http://ktm.anhs-himalaya.org/